Naruto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto

The Best In The World Belive It!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Official Battle tips/ Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Official Battle tips/ Rules Empty
PostSubject: Official Battle tips/ Rules   Official Battle tips/ Rules Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 2:42 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Want to roleplay a battle, but don't know how? Maybe this can help C:

Basics of fighting rp

First off, read the FIGHT STANDARDS of the forum.
Always, always, always, always, always attempt an attack. No auto-hits, period. The only only only except is, if, for some reason, you play both characters o.o. Let's look at an example.

"Bob lunged at Sally and ripped her ear off."
That's a big fat no. Bob cannot automatically hit Sally's ear.

"Bob lunged at Sally, attempting to rip her ear off."
Ding-ding! This gives Sally a chance to react.

You don't have to use the word attempt. Tried, aimed for, would hope to, are just some examples.
Be very very very specific in what and who you're aiming for. Otherwise, the opponent can't respond.

Bad:
"James lunged at Lelia, hoping to rip and mangle."
This doesn't tell what James is doing, how he's moving, or what he's going for.
"Jill roared, and ran at the first wolf she could find."
This doesn't tell who needs to react to this post, or how they can react.

Good:
"Billy Joe dove at Mary Jane, trying to bite her left paw"
This tells who exactly Billy Joe is going for, and what he's doing.
KNOW if you are in a no-consent or consent fight! Don't know what those mean?

Consent: Players need permission to kill another player's character (permanent maiming usually applies, too).
No-consent: Players do NOT need permission to kill, maim, or wound your character.
They still must attempt every move, but if you get in a sticky situation in a no-consent fight, start planning a new character.
Make sure your character is moving and attacking in ways physically possible for their breed.
Now that you know some basics, where should you attack?

Vulnerable spot chart
No animal is perfect. All humans have some spots that entitle doom, and others that mean little if wounded.

human:

Official Battle tips/ Rules Untitled-3

1. Red- You get hit here, it's done for. The throat not only contains the wind pipe, but major arteries. The belly area, if ripped open, reveals organs. Ew :C
2. Orange- Hit here hard enough, and they can die. The spine, if severed or broken, means a instant death. Other parts of the throat can cause serious damage.
3. Hazel-Maiming blow. Maiming means that the character will be crippled in some way, permanently. Eyes are very vulnerable. Get hit, you're blind. The back of the hind legs, where colored, contains the tendons. If ripped, they won't have that leg.
4. Limegreen- Temporary maim. Get hit here, and they probably won't be able to walk normally until it heals, which means fighting will be drastically affected. The paws, if wounded, are hard to stand on.
5. Light green- Possible temporary maiming. If you bite down hard enough, you could break a bone, and make it hard to walk until fixed.
6. Blue- Not good. Not very serious, but a serious blow could damage one of the senses. If a ear is completely torn apart/off, hearing is gravely affected. The same for a nose. If hit in the mouth, the tongue/teeth may be affected.
7.Light blue- Draws a fair amount of blood. The neck and flank are still fairly vulnerable.
8. Sky blue- Average wound. Here, it'll bleed reasonably. Too much and you can die from blood loss, of course. You could loose your tail, though.

Beefing up your post
So, now you know how to fight, where to attack, and how to attack. Got your post typed up, but it isn't as long as you'd like it? Here are some tips to get your fight post nice and long.

Go into a ridiculous amount of detail. Tell every little thing your character does. Let's take a look.

"Leeroy Jenkins gave a battle cry and lunged at Jilly's throat."
Good. It tells who's attacking, what they're going for, and who they're going for. But let's make it better!

"Leeroy Jenkins tensed, glaring at the dire called Jilly. His lip curled in a snarl, and he gave his ferocious battle cry. "FOR ALTERON!" He roared, and sprung forward. He kept his head and body low, ducking down suddenly. Then, he lept upwards and forward, aiming for his opponent's throat."
Great! It tells every step of Leeroy's attack. We've just gone from one sentence to five! (Of course, your post could/should be worded differently, and such. The post is just an example of how I wrote it, so your style may be different from mine)
If you attempt something, say what you'll do if it works, or it doesn't. So, instead of dodging, the other rper may be inclined to take a partial hit if you give them the option. Let's take a look."Cathlene snarled, and aimed for Sarah's eye."
Good! It tells who and what Cathlene is attacking. But let's make it better.

"Cathlene snarled, and aimed for Sarah's eye. However, if that didn't work, she'd try to hit somewhere else on the face, around the muzzle. Successful or not, she'd jump back and wait for Sarah to respond."
Great! It has what Cathlene's goal is, what she'll settle for, and what she'll do afterwards.

Here are some more things to keep in mind:
Where did my character start from?
What is my character thinking?
What is my character saying?
What is my character aiming for?
What could be hit if my character doesn't get what they want?
What does my character do if the attack doesn't work?
What does my character end with?
How is my character hit?
How does that make them feel, and how do they react?

Other

Can I flee from a fight? Answered below/in the link.

Scars: They doesn't always form when wounded. In fact, most small cuts will heal clean, and many scars fade over time. Also, skin isn't usually bright pink- often a off-pink, grey, grey-pink, even black. Scars on the necks/bellies probably won't show. Not only that, they probably wouldn't have survived the wound to start, since those are vulnerable spots. Also, while scars may cause "dents."

Have a question? Feel free to ask! Have I done something completely and utterly wrong? Feel free to correct me!
-Written by Spearstrike

Guide to Roleplay Fighting

These at this time are ‘not’ the official fighting rules . This is, however, the guidelines that I, personally go by. It follows the fighting rules of the the form and even goes farther in keeping things fair.

To be a successful roleplayer you need to know how to fight, and like anything else there are rules and guidelines that must be followed. Why would you need to know how to fight? Well if you want to create a marshland pack, become a leader or even have your character(s) defend themselves it’s a wise move. Its not just for the sake of your characters but also yourself. Knowing how to fight, even if you don’t like to creates a sense of confidence as a member and roleplayer. At the same time people tend to respect those that show they know what they’re doing.

Setting and Climate
1. The first rule when fighting is knowing your limits and setting. Since this is focused towards the BBA forum, we will stick with semi-realistic. When you’re fighting you must consider heavily the time of day; Whether the sun is up or down. Whether its hot or cold, you must consider if its raining, snowing and how hard the wind is blowing. The climate and location settings are something that despite being forgotten or ignored is critical.

Example: If you’re in the Greater North and snow is falling and the wind is blowing. That’s going to effect your character, right? Exactly.

Example 2: If you’re in the marshlands and it recently rained some parts (specifically near the water) maybe muddy. feet may stick, slip and slide; making movement harder.

Example 3: If your character is in a place where there’s sand and the character; especially isn’t use to it, running maybe more awkward.

Acid’s Quick Tip!
Detail. Detail is your best friend when it comes to a roleplay fight. Who cares how long it becomes, write it like you’re there and you’re able to describe it as you see it. That way it gives her opponent a chance to visualize it too. This makes roleplay in any case more fun, and exciting. That’s what role play’s purpose is right? To be FUN.

The Attempting
2. To attempt… or not to attempt? Well, consider this! To get yourself in the attempting mind set you don’t have to use the ‘attempt’ law in just fights. Any time your character makes a move that could effect the position, welfare, or figure of someone else’s character you should ALWAYS attempt. It doesn’t have to be an attack!

Example: “Bob walks over and gently licks Jenny’s cheek.”
Not an attack right? But its still a minor auto and while you most likely will never get in trouble for it, its still a GOOD HABIT to attempt. Perhaps Jenny doesn’t want her face licked!?

Example: “Bob walked over and smirked attempting to lick Jenny’s cheek.”
See? Now its open for a response from Jenny, she could attempt to clock Bob, she could let him, or even duck and run away! =D

The Number 3! (Just so happens to be rule #3.)
3. So, your character has a big bad wolf flying in their direction. You’re trying to decide if you want your character to counter or dodge. If you countered you could accept a milder version of the attack while doing a move of your own. No pain no gain, right? Or you could dodge completely. Consider this! To no surprise there is a big fat rule connected the word “dodge” . It states: You cannot dodge more then three times in a row. The fourth attack upon your character must be a hit. It doesn’t have to do the serious damage your opponent implies when sending the attack but the damage it still must inflict. Even if it’s a counter. Keep in mind counters should be done realistically.(No jumping 50 feet in the air after getting a scratch on the toe and landing on your opponent’s head... or something.)

Acid Quick Tip!
When you dodge, its best just to ever dodge twice in a row. You can dodge three times, but dodging twice puts you at a limit so that you never worry about getting in trouble with the dodge rule. Besides, the first attack from someone's character will never be the worst one. Its the starting of the fight, and by the rules they can't go for the throat immediately! So if that's the case just buck up and take the first hit. Dodge the second and third attack and counter 4.

The one mistake people generally make is they dodge the first three attacks because they can. The more you constantly dodge the more determined someone will be at bringing you down. By the time attack four comes at you they are putting basically everything they got because they know you can't dodge.

-Written by Acid

There may be some things overlapping in the two guides. This is either because one was restated in a way that deserved to be noticed, or I haven't noticed it yet.

foght tips brought to you by spearstrike and acid, modified and posted by secret.
Back to top Go down

Official Battle tips/ Rules
Page 1 of 1